F.J. Church & Sons Ltd is an international recycling business based near London. They came to Objective with the need for a system to manage the grading of Catalytic converters in a secure and competitive manner.
The Catalytic converter precious metals business is based upon identifying the value of 3 key metals, Platinum, Palladium and Rhodium less extraction costs for any given unit manufacturer and type.
The system built by Objective has centralised data into a single point for management and security, and made selectively available to key suppliers and users. It has been a game changer for F.J. Church, since launching they have further strengthened their market share by professionalising the process.
"The end result is an industry leading database which should give us the platform to develop future business."
Ian Magson, Managing Director, F J Church & Sons
- Easy to find information – a centralised store of information allows staff to find information quickly and easily.
- Automated updates of daily market rates – using API data integration, the database updates daily market and exchange rates in dollars, pounds and euros.
- Instant financial reporting – The database provides accurate figures on sales and margin
- Improved risk management – reduces financial risk for FJ Church and its suppliers by creating the ability to hedge reclaimed metals against the mark conditions.
- Competitive advantage – accurate and easy access to information has given the company an advantage over its competitors, propelling them to become the market leader in processing catalysts.
- Quicker processing time – manual update and processing of spreadsheet information is no longer required as the system adapts to constantly fluctuating market conditions.
Products and Technologies Used
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Integration with Metal Exchange market data
Objective Project Manager David Prescott concluded. "FJ Church came to us with a complex and challenging spreadsheet full of precious data, that had reached its limits maintaining up to date buying data, in an expanding business area. Working together we have created a truly unique bespoke database system providing a definite business advantage over their competitors."
Please contact us if you have a requirement for a bespoke database. To learn more please visit our database page.